50ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
½ tsp of chilli flakes
2 x 400g chopped tin tomatoes
1 tbs of red wine vinegar
Small bunch of fresh basil
- In a medium size saucepan heat the olive oil and gently fry the onions until softened.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red wine vinegar and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the fresh basil and gently simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Tip sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
Special Diet Information
Suitable for vegetarians